Wednesday, April 29, 2009
[via A Beautiful Mess ]
"...And if you look a little closer, you'll see that if a person believes that life is terrible, they’ll constantly look for proof of this, to confirm their view of the world. They’ll find quotes and situations and events in their life and magnify them a hundred times.
If a person believes that life is wonderful, they’ll look for the corresponding signage and behave in a similar manner to the previous person with their view of the world. Often, this is the same person on different days of the week. "
[via I Wrote This For You]
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I believe in a set of values I cannot live by. I set high goals for myself, I seek perfection, dream of exotic faraway places. But ultimately, what I long for isn't far away at all. It's in my own backyard. Imperfection charms me, familiar things move me... a celebration of what we have, instead of what we long for. That for me, is glamour. -Isabella Rossellini
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- I've been looking for an apartment;
- I've been meeting new people;
- I've come to enjoy teaching;
- I've built new/better expectations of the future;
- I've decided what to do with my life (college/education wise);
- I've started studying for the vestibular;
- I'm reading an awesome book (so far), called "Crônica da Casa Assassinada" by Lúcio Cardoso;
- I went to Ouro Preto for the first time and fell completely in love. I want to move there.
- I'm looking for a better job -- I need money.
- I've been admiring the smart people I've been meeting lately.
- I've been caring less about a lot of things.
... just trying to catch myself up with what's been going on.